How do I mix my own E-Juice / DIY flavor concentrate?
DIY e-liquid can be a very cost-effective and rewarding experience. You have the ability to create your own personal flavor and adjust it as you please. And our range of handcrafted DIY flavor concentrates makes it easier than ever.
What will I need to get started?
- PG/VG Base (in your desired PG/VG blend & nicotine strength)
- DIY flavor concentrate(s)
- Travel Bottle(s)
- Gloves (Rubber, Latex or Nitrile recommended)
- Digital Milligram Scale (Optional - for precise measurement)
- Syringe (if the bottle has no squeeze nozzle)
- Paper Towel to clean any spills
You can also check out our DIY Essentials Bundle for all your beginner mixing needs.
How to mix your own vape juice?
There are 2 ways to mix your own vape juice.
- For a rough estimate of flavoring you can squeeze approximately 10% of the DIY flavor concentrate into your travel bottle by using this quick mixing trick:
- A 30ml bottle will need 60 drops of flavor.
- A 60ml will need 120 drops, and so forth.
If your bottle does not have a squeeze nozzle, use a standard syringe to add flavoring to your bottle.
Finish up your mixing by completing step 4 – 6 found below.
Alternatively, for a precise measurement we suggest buying a quality, digital pocket/milligram scale. For home mixing we use the GDEALER DS1 scale available on Amazon.
- Use a DIY calculator to determine the weight of your desired flavor strength BEFORE adding it to the empty bottle. There are various sites and apps to choose from. For personal use we prefer the LiqCalc app also available as an online site. We’d recommend 10% flavoring but for a more intense flavor you can opt for a 13% strength.
- Switch the scale on. Place the empty bottle on the scale and press Tare or the option available on your scale. Using your DIY vape juice calculator determine the weight of the flavoring and pour into the empty bottle.
- Fill the rest of the travel bottle with the PG/VG base.
- Screw on the bottle cap and give it a good shake.
- For the best results allow your E-Juice to steep for a few days/weeks. (Optional)
Congratulations! You've created your very own e-liquid.